I love yoga. I love being able to move my body into various shapes. I love that it clears my mind. I love that no matter what I’m doing or how I’m feeling, I can just twist into a yoga pose and I’ll feel better immediately. I love yoga and the way stretching makes me feel. Even if the stretch is painful while I’m doing it, I typically feel better afterwards. I love the exhilarating feeling I get when I stretch into a pose I’ve never been in before, or when I master a new pose. Actually, I just love any pose (minus warrior three because it’s a balancing pose and I stink at balancing)!
You know what else I love? Peanut butter.
Peanut butter and yoga sounds like the combination for a great day.
This smoothie that tastes like dessert was the perfect solution to my sweet craving. However, it’s still healthy so I could drink it and not feel gross before yoga! In fact, I felt great and ready for yoga awesomeness after drinking this yummalicious smoothie.
So, my recommendations for you:
- If you’ve never done yoga before, I strongly urge you to try it out. Just do it. *insert Nike swoosh here*
- Make this smoothie! Your taste buds will thank you. Your body probably will too because you’ll feel fantastic after drinking it!
Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 and 1/4 or 1 and ½ cups non-dairy milk (If you like thicker smoothies, use less. If you like more liquid-y smoothies, use more!)
- 2 peeled frozen bananas
- or the not as creamy and delicious version if you don’t have frozen bananas is to combine 2 bananas and 1 cup of ice, which is 8-10 ice cubes
- 2 tablespoons coconut shavings
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 BIG spoonfuls (about 2 tablespoons) peanut butter
- optional: 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- optional: a handful of greens
Add everything to a blender and blend it up. Pour into two glasses, sprinkle with coconut flakes if desired, and enjoy with a loved one!
Yoga and smoothies. A winning combination.