I’m super excited to announce that my blog was nominated for the Liebster Award – Discover New Blogs by Taylor from tbirdchronicles! Woot woot! Thank you so much!!! So the Liebster award is an award given to blogs with 1,000 followers or less to welcome them to the blogosphere. I definitely feel welcomed! I’m so thankful for you fellow bloggers and readers for being so nice and encouraging. Thanks for the likes, the comments, and the follows. They mean a lot!
For the Liebster award, I answer 11 questions from Taylor, tell you 11 fun facts about myself, and then spread the love to 5 to 11 other blogs! So here we go!
1. What is your number one reason for blogging?
I blog to share my love of food with the universe! I enjoy making, photographing, and eating recipes! I also like to write, which I get to do on the blog!
2. Would you rather have the ability to fly or breathe under water?
Definitely fly! I’ve always wanted to. The wind in my hair, seeing everything from a bird’s point of view, and the absolute freedom and exhilaration I’d feel would be incredible. Flying would also allow you to travel the world (for free!) which would rock!
3. What is your absolute favorite food and why?
That’s a no-brainer: chocolate. It tastes sooooooooo yummy and it makes me happy. I love anything with chocolate in it.
brb going to go eat some chocolate chips.
4. Fruits or Veggies?
Fruit because it is sweeter than veggies. My faves are pineapple and strawberries.
5. What is your favorite season?
Summer! No school, not much homework, freedom, nice weather, sunshine, shorts and tank tops, outdoor tennis, seeing friends that I only get to see in the summer… I love everything about summer!!!
6. Exercise: Love it or hate it?
LOVE! I don’t know what I would do without exercise. It always makes me feel better (at least afterwards)! My favorite exercises are tennis, yoga, biking, and dancing!
7. Where is your favorite place in the world and why?
My family and I spend the whole summer at our cottage. It is my favorite place in the world. It’s so home-y and peaceful. We have a garden, access to a tennis court, and a private beach there, which I love to walk and hang out on. It’s a great place to be.
8. Who is your favorite author?
Cookbook Author: Chloe Coscarelli. She is my role model and I’m not kidding when I say I want to be just like her when I am her age! She is so kind, and her recipes are DIVINE!
Fiction Author: This is a difficult question. Probably Suzanne Collins (The Hunger Games series and Gregor the Overlander series) or Patrick Rothfuss (The Name of the Wind trilogy). Both tell marvelous stories full of great figurative language, word choice, etc.
9. What is your favorite thing about cooking?
Sampling whatever I create. I love food.
10. Extrovert or introvert?
I’m kind of in between. I am a total extrovert with little kids, but am a bit of an introvert around everyone else. I participate in class at school and talk a lot around my friends and family, but I normally don’t just go up and start talking to a stranger. I am shy around people I don’t know that well, but once I get to know people I am a chatterbox.
11. What are some words you live by and why?
“Treat others how you want to be treated” and “Be kind, be caring, be respectful” (my elementary school’s motto). Both help me treat others well and remind me to try and be kind no matter what.
11 Random Facts About Me:
- I love curling up in my bed and reading.
- My favorite class in school is english.
- I am currently obsessed with the TV shows Reign and New Girl.
- I have over 50 pairs of shoes because my uncle is a shoe designer and gives me shoes!
- I speak French.
- I am obsessed with cupcakes. I draw them, make them, and eat them all the time.
- I like making collages.
- I trip/ fall almost every day and I have unexplained bruises all over my legs!
- I got 6 inches of hair chopped off exactly a week ago (spontaneous decision).
- I am an 11 o’clock in the morning type of person. I have a really tough time staying up late!
- In the summers, I work as a tennis helper at the local country club at my cottage. I teach little kids how to play tennis, answer the phone, and sweep the courts.
because your blogs rock and you have awesome blog names!
My questions to you are…
- Why did you decide to start blogging?
- What do you wish you could be good at without any practice?
- What do you like better: peanut butter or jelly?
- What is your favorite food and who makes it best?
- If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would you go? Why?
- Are you a morning person or a night owl?
- Who is your favorite fairy tale character?
- What is your favorite TV show (or movie if you don’t watch TV)?
- What’s something new you would like to try?
- What is your favorite book (I know, hard question!)?
- What is your favorite quote/ saying? Why?
1. In a blog post dedicated to the Liebster Award, thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
2. Display the award on your blog — by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”. (Note that the best way to do this is to save the image to your own computer and then upload it to your blog post.)
3. Answer the 11 questions that are above
4. Next, provide 11 random facts about yourself
5. Nominate 5 –11 blogs that you feel deserve the award, who have less than 1000 followers.
6. Create a new list of questions for the bloggers to answer (see mine above!)!
7. List these rules in your post. Once you have written and published it, you then have to:
8. Inform the people/blogs that you nominated that they have been nominated for the Liebster award and provide a link for them to your post so that they can learn about it (they might not have ever heard of it!).
Thanks for the nomination, Taylor, and I hope my nominees have fun answering my questions! I look forward to reading your answers!