I love peanut butter. I love jelly. I love peanut butter & jelly.
After all, I am peanut butter & Ellie!
I also love chocolate and pumpkin pear butter. Therefore, I love these cookies. If you love any of the above, you will love these cookies too!
They make a perfect snack or dessert. You can even just make the cookie dough and eat it because there are not any raw eggs in it (See photo below)! They’re soft, sweet, and delicious! Make and enjoy!
Peanut Butter Prints
adapted from Chocolate Covered Katie
makes around 15 cookies
For the Cookies:
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter (or another nut or seed butter if you are allergic to peanuts)
- 3/4 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 3 tablespoons whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup raw cane sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp flaxseed meal + 3/4 tsp water mixed together to form a flax “egg” OR 2 Tbsp applesauce
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- strawberry jam (homemade is best)
- melted chocolate chip mixture (melt some chocolate chips in the microwave and stir them together) or some sort of chocolate spread
- pumpkin and pear butter
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Mix dry ingredients (including peanut butter), then add in the wet ingredients. Form the dough into balls. Bake for 8 minutes. The cookies will magically flatten out (a lot) when baked. They will also look underdone. However, they will firm up! Make a little indent in the cookie and add a teaspoon or so of your favorite jam or spread (Nutella or a Nutella-like spread would be great on these cookies as well!) in the indent. Let cookies cool for at least 5 minutes before removing and devouring.