This is one of my favorite dinners EVER.
Sweet golden beets + juicy plump mushrooms + crunchy green asparagus + crispy toasted tofu + purple sticky rice = the perfect meal!
It’s a delicious, hearty meal full of veggies, protein, and complex carbohydrates. In my opinion, it’s the perfect meal taste-wise and nutrition-wise!
Enjoy this nutritious, delicious, earthy, and filling meal!
Hearty Party Bowl
- 3 cups purple sticky rice
- 3 to 6 large golden beets, chopped into 1or 2 inch squares
- 3 large sweet potatoes, cubed
- olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 head of broccoli
- a few handfuls of asparagus
- 8 oz container of button mushrooms
- 1 brick of tofu
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Press the tofu to get the moisture out.
- Make 3 cups of your favorite sticky rice. Follow the directions on the back of the rice container for how to make the rice. We love purple sticky rice!
- While the rice is cooking, cube the beets, drizzle olive oil over them, then roast them at 400 degrees F for 18 to 20 minutes. Stir them, then cook for another 18 to 20 minutes, or until they’re golden-brown and not as crunchy anymore.
- At the same time, cube the sweet potatoes, and roast them with a bit of olive oil and 3 cloves of garlic for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cut the tofu into strips and coat the strips with a bit of soy sauce (approx. 1/4 cup). Put it in a pan and roast for 20 minutes per side, or until they’re golden-brown and crispy.
- Wash and cut the broccoli and mushrooms into bite-size pieces. Either sauté the broccoli, asparagus, and mushrooms OR roast them. When the beets only have 10 or so minutes left in the oven, add in the other veggies and let everything cook until the timer goes off (and the veggies are soft).
- Add some rice to bowls, then top the bowls with tofu, beets, broccoli, asparagus, potatoes, and mushrooms. Enjoy!