all food tastes divine if you slather it with peanut butter.
Peanut butter on banana is no exception. Banana might actually be the food that tastes the BEST slathered with peanut butter! Mmmmm peanut butter and banana. Dare I say it is the GREATEST combination known to human?
You have a sweet, creamy banana. And then you add sweet and creamy (or crunchy) peanut butter to it. It creates an I’M IN PARADISE AND I’M NEVER COMING HOME combination. Peanut butter and banana sandwiches are my favorite type of sandwiches. It’s two of my favorite foods packed between 2 slices of bread. I mean, why WOULDN’T I like it!!? “But… what would happen if you took a PB&B sandwich and GRILLED IT?” I thought to myself one day. HEAVEN happens, that’s what. And when you put the peanut butter and banana on tortillas, it takes the grilled sandwich to a WHOLE NEW WORRRRRRLD (like from Aladdin? Yes, I went there).
If you don’t love banana, swap it out for strawberries or raspberries. Add chocolate chips into the tortilla for a combo that will rock your universe.
Peanut Butter & Banana “Quesadilla”*
*Quesadillas contain cheese in them. This doesn’t. However, it looks like one because it’s stuck together in tortillas… but it’s not because it doesn’t contain cheese! It’s BETTER than a quesadilla in my opinion!
- 2-4 tablespoons of peanut butter
- 1 banana
- 2 small flour tortillas
- a handful of chocolate chips
- cooking spray
- Slather 2-3 tablespoons of peanut butter onto one side of a tortilla.
- Spray the bottom of a medium-sized pan with cooking spray.
- Add the peanut-buttered tortilla to the pan.
- Cut the banana into ½ inch sections and top the peanut butter tortilla with the slices.
- Add chocolate chips (if desired).
- Put a teaspoon or two on one side of the remaining tortilla. Top the filled tortilla in the pan with it.
- Turn the stovetop to medium high and cook the quesadilla until it’s brown and crispy (for about 1-2 minutes). Then flip it and do the same thing on the other side.
- Take the quesadilla off the stovetop, cut it into 4 pieces, and DEVOUR.