You guys, I’m obsessed.
With avocado toast.
Have you heard of the magical “avocado toast” before? Have you tried it?
If you’ve never even heard of it, you must be living under a rock. Or at least in a cabin in the middle of nowhere without social media or internet (that honestly sounds kind of nice). In which case, how did you find my blog!? Okay no more me trying to be funny- let’s get to the real reason why you clicked on this post- avocadooooooo toasstttttt.
What are your thoughts on it? I used to hate avocado before I became vegan, but then I tried it again and liked it because it’s just so creamy and it pairs well with so many other foods!
If you’ve never tasted avocado toast before… try it RIGHT NOW! Please.
Creamy avo on crunchy toast, sprinkled with sea salt and a squeeze of lemon juice = perfection, both texture and taste wise.
It’s super easy to make and super customizable. Just follow these steps!
- Grab your favorite hearty bread. I love going to local bakeries and finding their nuttiest, oatiest (not a word?) vegan bread.
- You can toast the bread or leave it untoasted. Up to you (see, customizable!).
- Slice up an avocado. You can either top your toast with these slices or mash them with a fork until they become a creamy mixture.
- You can add about a half teaspoon of lemon juice to the avo mixture or save it for the top.
- Spread the avocado on your toast and top with sea salt, pepper, fresh squeezed lemon juice (cut a lemon in half and squeeze some juice out of it and onto the toast), and whatever else your sweet heart desires! Red pepper flakes, cayenne, oregano, italian seasoning, basil, tomatoes, cheese or a poached egg for my nonvegan friends)… you choose! Heck, you could even just throw a salad on top of the avo toast and enter it into the museum of modern art!
Avocado toast… a wonderful food invention. You can also eat it with salad or with some delicious soup, like this green asparagus one from Minimalist Baker.
What are your favorite ways to top avocado toast? Are you a purist or do you like to add other toppings? Actually, what are your favorite ways to top toast in general? I really only eat avocado toast, but I love peanut butter and banana on toast too (pictured below)!