The temperature is decreasing in fall, and with these colder winds comes an itch to leave, to fly away somewhere warmer and summery. At least that’s how the birds and I both feel. As much as I like this crisp season full of everything pumpkin and falling leaves, I miss summer and crave warmth like you wouldn’t believe.
I don’t have any plans to travel THIS fall except to go to my real home for Thanksgiving break, but that’s only an hour away. However, I made a list of my fall travel essentials for those of you ready to jet off to somewhere exciting. Check out my travel advice and carry-on essentials, and let me know where you’re off to on your next adventure!
- Wear comfy clothing that you can sleep and relax in. My favorite travel clothes are leggings, a graphic t-shirt, and a sweatshirt. The pants from Betabrand are also great to travel in, and they have options from cute travel jeans to yoga pants.
- Remember to keep in mind the temperature of the place you’re traveling to so you’ll be prepared clothing-wise when you land.
- Wear layers. The temperature in an airport can be hotter than the sun or colder than Antartica within the same hour . Wearing layers allows you to be comfortable at any temperature by either taking clothes off or putting them on.
- Bring a carry-on neck pillow so you can sleep more comfortably in the airport or on the plane.
- Bring a carry-on backpack full of travel essentials.
Here’s what’s in my carry-on backpack:
- an extra pair of clothing just in case my suitcase gets lost: a pair of pants, a t-shirt, and undergarments.
- activities for the plane
- granola/ granola bars
- dried fruit
- mini hand sanitizer
- lip balm and lotion because planes are SO DRY
- a water bottle
Good luck with your fall travel! Where are you going, or where would you like to go this fall?